Friday, February 13, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Raja Rasalu

I enjoyed the second half of Raja Rasalu quite a bit. My favorite story was Raja Rasalu and the Swans. It was about a crow stealing the wife of a swan by tricking the king into believing that the wife had been stolen from him in the first place. Raja Rasalu again arrives as an arbiter of justice, correcting the king and telling him that in fact the crow had stolen the wife of the swan. This is a running theme for Rasalu, as in most stories he is righting some type of wrong. This is another reason I enjoyed the stories, as I feel it's an easy idea to support. Of the readings I've done this, this was the first that included much poetry at all. I personally have trouble following and interpreting poetry all that well because I think it takes a little bit more patience and intricate thought than I can typically dedicate to reading. I thought I understood it reasonably well though, and it made the speaking portions of the readings more interesting and vivid.

Link:
Raja Rasalu


No comments:

Post a Comment