Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Reading Diary A: Beowulf

This week I decided to read the stories of Beowulf for my reading diary. I was especially interested in the stories Beowulf Lands in Daneland and Beowulf Comes to Heorot because the focused on the land of the Danes, Denmark. I'm actually 50% Danish with both of my grandparents on my dad's side being there, so it was especially interesting to read a story that involved Denmark. The story is about how Beowulf and his warriors arrive in Denmark on a mission to assist the king there. The king and his followers are harassed constantly by a demon named Grendel, and Beowulf is there to help. Upon arriving, they are greeted at the beach by a warrior of the king, who conveys them to Heorot. There they are welcomed and begin to learn about the terrible danger of Grendel.


No comments:

Post a Comment