Monday, April 27, 2015

Online Education Review

My experience with online education at OU has been solely through this class and one other last semester. They work particularly well for me because I'm pretty involved outside of class, so not having a specific class time allows me to get work done without having to plan around anything. It's clearly been a positive experience for me because I'm actually taking another online class next semester (Online Programming). While it can sometimes be frustrating to have something due every single day, I think having items due at the least on a weekly basis helps keep students accountable and prevents us from falling too far behind. I know that I would have done better had all assignments lasted through the end of the week, because I get a lot of my homework done on the weekends. I wouldn't say this is a weakness because it kept me even more on top of my game, but maybe something to consider. It definitely depends when the subject is for me when considering an online class. I could never take a math-intensive course online because I have to work through the problems with someone, but for history or literature courses I think they work quite well.


No comments:

Post a Comment