Monday, April 27, 2015

Gen. Ed. Review

I have had a generally good experience with Gen Eds at OU. I came into college with quite a bit of AP credit, so I was able to avoid the very lowest level of Gen Eds. However, the math classes I was forced to take actually led to me taking an additional 12 hours that weren't required in mathematics that will ultimately improve my chances of getting into graduate school. With the Gen Ed. Humanities specifically, last semester I took an online Native Authors of Oklahoma course as well that I think really helped to augment that very math and economics intensive course load I've been dealing with. That expanded my understanding of Oklahoma as a state, while this course has allowed me work with my creativity in a way that I'm not often able to. I really like the structure of the class, especially the way in which students don't have to do every single assignment and can instead pick and choose what works best for them. The reading opportunities are very diverse while still forcing students to get a sampling of literature from a variety of areas. I honestly don't have any suggestions. The only struggles I had this semester were tied to my own laziness, not any problems with class structure or content.


No comments:

Post a Comment