Friday, January 16, 2015

UnTextbook

Dante's Inferno: this is a story I've always wanted to read, particularly because I really enjoy mythology. The writing looked well translated into English which I also think could help with my actual comprehension.
Homer's Odyssey: I have read the Illiad before but never the Odyssey. This section said it focuses on the monsters that Odysseus fights, which I find very interesting.
Brer Rabbit I and II: I've actually heard quite a few people talk about the Brer Rabbit and never really understood what it was. After reading the brief description, I think this would be a valuable way of delving more into a culture that I can't really claim to understand.
Tibetan Folktales: this also focuses to an extent on monsters and mythical creatures, while still involving some animals interacting with each other.

Odysseus and the Sirens.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cooper! Thanks for finishing up this week's blog posts! It looks like you are having some trouble making links. You need actual link text, not just raw http; here's how that works: Creating Links

    If you could check back through your earlier blog posts and fix up the links so that you can be sure you know how to do that in Blogger, that would be great!

    Also, for image information, you need to link to the webpage source, not just to the image file itself as you have done here. More about that: Image Information

    The goal for this week is to make sure you are familiar with how Blogger works, and since you will have images and links in all your posts, it's important to know how to do that. Let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete