Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Reading Review Week

I don't know that I have a far and away favorite set of stories so far, but I think if I had to pick one I'd select Folk Stories from Southern Nigeria. I'm personally a huge lover of animals so I enjoyed getting to read about adventures that involved them quite a bit. I think something that I noticed is that the stories I liked most weren't necessarily better overall, but they consistently had at least one story that I really liked. I think that was what distinguished them for me.

The story of the Elephant and the Tortoise was one of my favorites.

On the flipside, I don't think a single bad story really impacted my view strongly to the negative. The only set of stories I really didn't like were the Tales of Sindbad, and that was because I didn't really enjoy any of them. To me that suggests that I at least would prefer a variety of themes and ideas in a set of stories, because it's unlikely I'll dislike many of them and there's a good chance that I'll find one that makes the whole set stick out to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment